1. Eighteen miles of coastline. Yes, it’s cold and kind of grey. It’s the Atlantic, dammit.
2. Mount Washington. Fiercest winds on Earth.
3. Gay marriage. Yes! Beginning January 1.
4. Presidential primary. Get a close look at future presidents and also-rans.
5. License plate: Live free or die. Not to be taken literally.
6. No sales tax. Shop here for bargains.
7. Lakes and rivers. Lots of water here; no droughts likely. Floods, yes.
8. Oldest family farm in America–Tuttle’s Red Barn, in Dover.
9. Women control the state senate; it’s first legislative body in the country to have more women than men.
10. Robert Frost wrote a poem about it.